How to get started on Upwork from Bangladesh
Upwork is the # 1 Freelance Marketplace in the world. Obviously, all Bangladeshi Freelancers want to work on Upwork. But many of them are don’t know how to get started on Upwork perfectly. Some steps are very simple. But some others are tricky.
To make a successful freelancing career on Upwork, you have to start it very carefully and sincerely. Any silly mistake can cause you a big loss. Because it is little difficult to manage your first job on Upwork. Don’t worry about this. Any qualified freelancer can make all these things quite easily.
English language proficiency is a major problem for many Bangladeshi freelancers. They know how to work accurately but they face some difficulties to communicate with the client. Because most of the clients are English speaking and they love to interview or communicate via telephone or skype. So it is seriously recommended that you must upgrade your English speaking ability before starting on Upwork. This is the main key to becoming a successful freelancer on Upwork.
So, if you feel comfortable with your English knowledge, you may proceed. The steps are given below. Let’s try to describe one by one.
- Sign up for a Upwork freelancer account. Click Here for FREE Sign Up.
- Try to pass Readiness test successfully.
- Upload a Portrait to your Profile.
- Fix your Hourly Rate carefully. As a newbie, your Hourly Rate should be around $3. You can increase it after getting your first job.
- Make your Profile public that any Client can see your Profile and offer you a job directly.
- Carefully choose your Profile Title. It should be relevant to your expertise. Profile Title is very important for the search term of relevant contractors that a Client can find you to offer a job.
- Determine your self-assessed English Knowledge level. Normally it should not be below 4.
- Write a good Overview about you. You may take some help from the example there but don’t copy it.
- Arrange your Portfolio with your previous work if any. Please don’t give any false examples. Be honest.
- Try to make your Profile up to 100% mark. It will increase your Monthly job application quota.
- Verify your identity though it is optional.
- Attend some tests to relevant to your specialty. All test results should be minimum of “Above Average” mark. You can repeat the same test after one month.
- And Finally, Start applying for jobs.
Finally, you know how to get started on Upwork. For more knowledge, you should browse all pages on Upwork. It might be more helpful for you.