How to get first job on oDesk from Bangladesh
How to get first job on oDesk – this is a Million Dollar question. There is no absolute answer of this question. But it should have a effective and tricky answer. It happens when a Client may depend on a new contractor. What are the reasons for picking a newbie without experience and feedback? What is the point of view of that Client? We have to find the key reason and get the answer form the Client’s side. Let’s research and make some points.
- At first, any Client want their project to be completed successfully by the deadline.
- Secondly they prefer cost effectiveness. They try to make their project cheaper.
So, a contractor should be capable of doing a job successfully, fast and cheaply. But how a new contractor prove him/herself that he/she can do this perfectly? What would be the way of applying for a job?
There is a lot of quality contractors available on oDesk. Most of them are experienced and they are keeping good feedback. But few of them are keeping their Hourly or Fixed Price Rate low.
We think, we got the point. The key reason is Hourly or Fixed Price Rate. It should be low as much as possible. And after getting your first job you can increase it according to your feedback score. One more thing to be counted is writing a good Cover Letter.
How to write a killer Cover Letter?
Cover Letter is a very important part of your job application. You should know how to write a effective Cover Letter to attract the Client. Here are some tips:
- Cover Letter should be well written without any grammatical mistake.
- Describe your all expertise clearly. There should be no false statement.
- Don’t use template. Write different Cover Letter for different jobs.
- Perfectly answer the all questions from job description. Don’t try to be over smart. Be polite.
- Never beg for a job. Just try to convince the Client that you are the best fit.
- Write your availability on net and how many hours you can work in a week.
- Using Skype is a huge plus. If you can speak normally (not good enough) in English write down your Skype ID on Cover Letter.
- Finally you may add your profile URL link if you have any previous work (outside of oDesk) example on your portfolio.